Don’t you just love slow cooker recipes that involve minimal prep?! You just toss these ingredients in the pot, and at the end of the day, your whole dinner is ready.
This corned beef and cabbage recipe makes an incredibly tender and flavorful corned beef. If you aren’t into cooking with beer, you can definitely substitute water!
slow cooker corned beef and cabbage
- 4 medium carrots peeled and cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion peeled and quartered
- 1 lb baby potatoes cleaned and halved
- 1/2 head garlic peeled
- 1 3-3.5 lb corned beef brisket with pickling spice packet
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 16 oz beer I used a lager
- 1/2 head cabbage cut into 3-4 inch wedges
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Place the carrots, onion, potatoes, and garlic in your slow cooker. Let the corned beef lay on top of the vegetables, fat side up. Add the pickling spices, thyme, and bay leaves to the slow cooker. Pour the beer on top of the ingredients.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours on high, or 10-12 hours on low. Add the cabbage to the top of the slow cooker, and cook for another hour, or until tender.
Remove the corned beef from the slow cooker, and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
Serve with vegetables, and ladle extra sauce on top. Garnish with parsley.
tools I used: